When you get an answer to your question, replying to the answer with a comment with the word "Found!" in it will give the user who answered it a point in their flair.
Only OP or a mod can do it, but if you see the OP say thanks and confirm a find without doing so (give them at least half a day if not more), select the comment with the answer and report it as "Not marked found".
Only one point can be awarded per thread. OP can contact mods if they believe multiple points need to be given.
WhatIsThisBot is the bot handling this, using Automoderator as the first step in awarding points, but it is not constantly running. Here's what you'll typically see:
- OP responds to a comment with "Found!"
- Post gets flaired with "Found" (note no "!")
- Automoderator posts a comment saying a point is being processed.
- WhatIsThisBot awards the point, sets flair to "Found!", removes automod's comment.
- Person who answered gets a reply from the bot notifying of point. This notification will have two numbers at the bottom in small text, e.g. "4->5". This is tracking their flair before the answer and after. This is so if flairs ever get lost for some reason, there's a history. Flairs are also backed up regularly.
It can take the bot up to a day to award the point, but it is usually much faster.